Our Sweet Little Boys

Our Sweet Little Boys

Saturday, April 26, 2014

Parker's First Photo Shoot

First, and I have said this before, I think photographers are awesome. It is so difficult to get all the elements to come together for a great photograph. Seriously, it is hard people! They are worth every penny, and I only wish I had more pennies to give them so I didn't have to try to do this on my own. I was sweating at the end of this shoot.

The most crazy artistic person I know happens to have an addiction for letters. Big, small, colorful, cursive, block, wood, metal...all letters are her thing. I called her up and she gathered all the letters she had for Parker's name. Yay! Thank you Jennifer Vinson for being so cool and crafty.  After I told her what I was doing, she offered all sorts of cool props.  Again, huge help. Even an original New Zealand lambs wool for my sweet boy to nuzzle.

I tried to nurse him into a coma-like state so I could manipulate him into all these super cute poses I had seen on Pinterest.  He is the most alert non sleepy baby EVER! He was wide awake for 90% of the photos.  Cute, yes, but not what I was going for. After I had called it quits, he passed out on the lambs wool and I got some sweet squished face shots. I love squished face. For the record, I didn't have to manipulate his hands much at all. What a doll! You only see 4 images above- I took about 127 photos. Did I mention I'm not a photographer? I have an uh-mazing camera that I keep on auto because it is still smarter than me. I googled for an hour on how to set my camera up to do this.

Okay, for all of those studying his face trying to determine who he looks like I will make this simple for you. He looks EXACTLY like his Daddy but he has my nose. That's the only thing I can claim on this kid. He looks more like Aaron than any of our other 3 boys. I realize that it changes as he grows but I think Aaron has a mini-me in the making right here.

It's hard to tell much about his personality at this point but I can testify that he is an awesome baby, and he sleeps well and eats well. We have no complaints. We just sort of sit around and gaze at him in wonder. We are somewhat star-struck that he is so beautiful and perfect. 

0 comments: