Our Sweet Little Boys

Our Sweet Little Boys

Friday, April 25, 2014

Daddy Turned 50



 I love the thumbs up while getting a kiss from his pretty grandma.



and so for his 50th Birthday we gave him a canvas that had sweet comments and memories from all his loved ones printed on it. It was cool hearing all the things people had to say about Dad.  He IS a pretty cool fella. One of my fondest memories was him reprimanding me for teasing a door to door salesman. He made me stop and reflect on my behavior and consider why the man was going door to door and reminding me that I have no idea of the surrounding circumstances; how many kids does he have to feed, does he have a home, this may have been the only job he could find, how it would make him feel to hear me making fun of him, how I would feel if it were me....etc. At the time, I didn't like hearing it, but it was a monumental point in my childhood in teaching me compassion. I also remember him picking me up in a blanket and swinging me around as he carried me off to bed. Another favorite: I use to bring him blankets and ask him to make me clothes out of them.  He obliged, and had me wrapped,wadded, and tucked in so many ways that I'm sure I looked ridiculous but I felt I could walk a runway in my new designs. Thanks Daddy. I-ba lu-ba you-ba.

0 comments: