Our Sweet Little Boys

Our Sweet Little Boys

Friday, April 25, 2014

Gone Fishing




I truly do adore my children. They are all unique.

Christian: Still so responsible. You take your big brother role seriously and you aim to please your Daddy and I. We are proud of you. I pray that one day you also take your spiritual walk just as seriously. I am concerned you will struggle with feeling like your faith is dependent on your good works. You are always the one who puts your clothes in the hamper, puts the lid back on the tooth paste, cleans any spills or messes you make... You go about the house singing.  I'm convinced you could make up a song about anything.You like to kid around a lot and play tricks on your brothers. You are better at making Ben laugh than anyone else in the house. You're my thinker.  You ponder on things and take our words to heart.  You seem eager to learn about Christ and have cried to me with concern of your salvation. You truly want to know how to love God. It is so heart warming. Science seems to be your favorite subject at the moment while reading is something you despise. Some of the structures you have built whether it be from legos, blocks, k-nex, sticks, or scrap wood are amazing to me.  I believe you have an engineers mind. You seem to be drawn to babies. You think they are all cute, even the ugly ones. I think you will be an amazing father one day, and take your role as provider very seriously. I love you so much. Even as a 7 year old, you bless me daily.

Ben: Oh Ben, not sure where to start here. You are my charismatic hippie child, and just as charming as you can be. Still messy and a little gross at times. So far, you haven't grown out of your clumsiness. You have a sensitive sole and love to snuggle, hug, and kiss. People are drawn to you but you haven't seemed to notice yet. I am already taking up love notes and phone numbers that little girls have given you and having to talk to you about girls. Life doesn't get you down. I can count on you for a smile almost always although it seems like your spirit is easily broken. Your feelings are fragile and I have to remind myself to be careful. Socializing is a natural talent for you. You greet our guests and friends well and inquire about them which the receiver finds delightful. You get along very well with your little brother Jack. You have a keen sense of style and like to experiment with new outfits and hair styles.  The haircuts challenge me but you don't complain on how they turn out. Working isn't your thing. In fact, you have asked me on several occasions if I knew how to make money without doing the work. You are an amazing reader, but beg to play video games. I believe you have a natural talent for most things but haven't found your nitch yet.  I love you so much, and cherish each hug and kiss.

Jack:  "Daddy's Jack, and Momma's Baby." We have brainwashed  you to say this. Mostly it was my doing because I couldn't get you to say that you were mine, so I came up with a loophole. You adore your father more than any of your brothers ever did. So much so that I do find myself feeling a bit jealous. You have perfect manners and know exactly how to respond to appease me. We lovingly call you our Little Politician.  You keep everyone laughing and bring energy with you wherever you go. Most people are surprised by your extroverted greeting hugs. At the moment, most of your clothes are worn backwards and its hard to keep you out of your Iron man costume. You've developed a strong sense of independence. I have noticed that you share many of Christians character traits and I'm guessing that's why the two of you argue so much. You don't speak very clearly but your choice words are full of expression and emotion. It is adorable. You play very well with others and can entertain yourself without any trouble. Your eye/hand coordination is out of this world. I'm sure you will do well in athletics.  You can almost outrun your brothers and you have a certain mass to your stature that makes me think you will grow up to be a big man. Your Daddy is hoping for football. I love you dearly and enjoy your company and laughs.

0 comments: