Our Sweet Little Boys

Our Sweet Little Boys

Saturday, March 24, 2012

My Girls


It's just me, and them. We are the girls in this family of much testosterone. We've had them for about a month now...maybe. Not really sure, but they were cute when we got them. Now, well they are just ugly. Soon to be pretty again I hope. Looking forward to lots of fresh eggs, and nervous about chicken snakes. Christian and Ben love them, sometime a little too much love. We have to keep reminding them not to squeeze, be gentle, and don't kiss. They came with a fl yer with several health warnings. Don't put the chicks near your face or mouth. Wash hands immediately, and do not let children handle. Right, so I have to tell my children not to touch or breath the air that the birds breath...I think not! We let them hold, but they do have to wash their hands shortly after. Jack doesn't get to hold them, mostly because he would kill them. The baby loves to squeeze, pinch, and throw! Bye bye birdie! As of right now, we have 13. We eat a lot of eggs, but I still feel like there will be a surplus to share!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

we love our chickens so much too! (and you know my friends julie and darren!

Amber's Thoughts said...

Love might be too strong of a word! We would still be very willing to eat them! Lol! I so wanted to come to your house tonight...didn't have a sitter. I hope you guys had fun!