Our Sweet Little Boys

Our Sweet Little Boys

Thursday, January 6, 2011

New Years Day



This is what it looks like to wake up at Momma Beth and Big Poppa's house. All children are gathered around, "bird dogging" breakfast, and begging to help. Momma Beth is very good about letting them pitch in. We had waffles this particular morning. If Big Poppa is in charge of breakfast, then we have homemade biscuits with chocolate gravy and the scene is pretty much the same. He is also very good about letting them all help. They especially love to make "dog biscuits" which are biscuits made with the dog bone cookie cutter, very cute.

This was also the first time ever I have had ham, turnip greens, and black eyed peas on New Years Day. It is a southern tradition, I think, to eat these items and I can't remember the significance for it. Something about prosperity, maybe. It was very good. I believe I can eat my weight in turnips right now. Yum!

Momma Beth and Big Poppa watched the boys so I could take Aaron out on a date. It was sort of a Birthday date night. Also, this was probably the last time in a LONG time before we get to go out again, alone. I'm glad we were able to squeeze it in before Jack got here. We had such a nice, and peaceful evening together. I had Beth take our picture before we walked out the door. As much as I dislike seeing my hugeness while pregnant, I need to take more pictures for the sake of remember Jack in my tummy. Thank you, Beth and Jackie, for watching the boys for us. It was so nice!

0 comments: