Our Sweet Little Boys

Our Sweet Little Boys

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Easter

A strange face, but it's the only one I got.


Looking for his Easter Basket.

Easter was a little different this year. Christian and Ben were both sick and Christian was running a fever. So, we skipped the eggs in order to be more restful that day. The boys did wake up ready to find there baskets. Ben was looking out the window for his, too funny. Despite the sickness, they perked up at the sight of chocolate bunnies. We didn't get to attend Church (gasp). Isn't that one of the 7 sins; "Not going to Church on Easter Sunday." Just kidding, of course. However we all cuddled up in the bed to go over the true meaning of Easter. I brought out pictures and different Bible stories. I have tried to keep reminding them that Easter is not about the bunny and the candy. "It's a celebration of Christ's resurrection" I kept telling them. Christian listened mostly, but Ben was in la la land. Oddly enough, a week from now Ben will ask me something about Christ's resurrection, and it will totally catch me off guard. "Huh, you mean you were listening to me?"

I just didn't get a lot of pictures. They weren't really in the mood to have their picture taken, poor little guys.

2 comments:

littlestreetfighter's Mom said...

When I asked LN about the meaning of Easter, she said, "Umm, hunting eggs?" Guess we need to work on that one.

jennifer

Amber's Thoughts said...

Just wanted you to know, I checked the blog!! I can't believe you think I never look. Sometimes I wonder if you will ever post new stuff! Love ya'll.