Our Sweet Little Boys

Our Sweet Little Boys

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Neh Neh and Bim

One for the scrapbook:

Christian calls Ben - "Bim"
Ben calls Christian - "Neh Neh" --- obviously, that sounds nothing like "Christian"

"Bim" is my little hitter. He gets mad a his brother and SMACK! I often hear Christian at the other end of the house saying "Bim! DON'T HIT ME!" followed with screaming. I've never had trouble with Christian hitting. The general rule at our house is that you can only hit Daddy. This may seem strange, but Aaron really likes to play fight with them, and he lets them hit him as hard as they possibly can. I wonder how long it will be before their punches really start to hurt. I suppose we will switch to boxing gloves then.

Christian is getting to be so mature. He helps me cook, and it's actually helpful. He takes his dishes to the sink, after asking to be excused from the table. He still prefers his hands over his fork-we're working on that. This little kid can even buckle himself up in his car seat (thanks to Poppy). He and Ben carry on conversations all the time. Christian can understand Ben better than I can. Maybe it's a second child thing but Ben doesn't put a lot of effort into enunciating his words. He has his own little language that is very hard to understand. He talks constantly, but it's just gibberish. I'm not sure if I should be concerned or not. I have been warned by many that the second child can sometimes speak slower or develop proper speech patterns a little later than the first. Time will tell.

2 comments:

Julie said...

I love all of your Thanksgiving pics. You are beautiful and have a beautiful family!

littlestreetfighter's Mom said...

I love to consider what they're relationship will be like when they're older. They are some sweet boys!!

jennifer