Our Sweet Little Boys

Our Sweet Little Boys

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Annihilation



So, we are about to leave to go out of town and I'm helping Aaron pack up the car when I notice a vibrant pink color out of the corner of my eye. My roses are blooming? Huh? I don't understand how roses work but they bloom in the fall also, or at least mine do. Is that normal? You have to understand that I have never taken care of these bushes. They were here when we bought the house, and it seems like every little old lady that comes over stops by my roses and begins to tell me that I need to prune them, throw fish guts on them, water them, and so and and so forth. I have still failed at doing any of these things. These poor roses have always kept on blooming in spite of me. Anyways, I was really drawn to the color BECAUSE it's winter and everything is dead. Even the rose bush looks dead, aside from these blooms. I took a couple of pictures because I wanted to remember how pretty they were, because they may be dead before next year comes. Oh, and the annihilation came shortly afterwards. My boys noticed Mommy's sudden interest in them and they too became interested. After I took my pictures they took a baseball bat and golf club to them. I had my back turned while this took place, and turned to see all of these "vibrant" little pink pedals scattered about the dead grass. It was kind of sad...

0 comments: