Our Sweet Little Boys

Our Sweet Little Boys

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Christmas






"Santa" Came





First Look on Christmas Morning


















What a fun time of year. Monkey says Happy Birthday Jesus every time he sees a tree, decorative lights, a Birthday Cake, a gift, or a Nativity. Except it sound more like "Hap Bir Day Jeeeessssaaaaassss" when he says it. By Christmas he shortened it to "Hap Jeessaaas." Too cute! He never really did say Merry Christmas a lot. We have started talking to him more and more about Jesus, and praying with him. I'm not sure if he truely understands it, but I know that the Bible tells up to train up a child in the way he should go and he will not part from it when he is old. I cherish that. Although, in a way it puts a heavy burden on my heart. If we mess this up, we are held accountable for it. Oh Lord, please help us do this right... My hope is that they will grow up to be good, stong, Christian husbands, fathers, and leaders. All we can do it turn to the Bible for instruction. Really and truly, it's all there. Plain and simple instructions on how to raise them in God's will. For some reason, it's just more simple to read it than it is to impliment it. We fall short as parents, but just cling to God's grace and pray for mercy and strength. On a different note - So what's the deal with Santa? Personally, I wouldn't mind a bit leaving him out of the whole thing, but Daddy likes to keep the tradition. I have some friends that don't do the "Santa thing." I think it's great. Sadly children focus on "What is Santa going to bring me" and making their Christmas lists. I don't want to encourage our children to make a christmas list of the things they want. It just seems so selfesh, but in the same sentance, I made a Christmas list this year (what a hypocrite). In my defense, I try to do that to help my husband out. He likes a list, and I'm a list maker. I jot things that I need down on paper all year long just as a reminder for when I run into a little shopping money. Is that selfish? Honestly, I enjoy the excitement of Christmas morning. I'm a little annoyed with myself for getting wrapped up in it at times. It's hard to get my head out of all the wordly stuff. How am I going to encourage our children to do the same? We did start some traditions this year. One of the traditions was to make this yummy dessert that my Great Grandfather use to make. My Mom did an excellent job of making it this year. The other tradition it to read the Christmas Story. Supper Daddy went to Books A Million to pick up a nice looking book that we can incorperate into our Christmas decor and then we hope to take it out of that and read it on Christmas Eve every year. Monkey stepped on it and damaged the binding already. Come to think of it, I don't think I have told my husband that just yet. The tear just contributes to memories. Now everytime we look at it, we will think of our little guy at two years old, never paying attention to where he is walking. :) We got to spend Christmas Eve and Day at home with my Mom, Dad, and PaPa. It was really nice to gather around with them. It just feels so good to be surrounded by the ones you love on special occasions. That Friday we went to spend the weekend with Super Daddy's family. The boys always look forward to playing with their cousins. We really enjoyed ourselves over there too. Now we have an abundance of great stuff with nowhere to put it. By the time I figure out how to organize everything it will be Christmas again! All of us got way more than we expected or deserved, and we are very thankful. Oh, one more thing I wanted to mention (this blog is also my baby book so bare with me) is that Monkey was so sweet at theLiving Christmas Walk. Our Church puts together a Christmas story walk through play thing <---does that even make sense? Anyways, we walk through the park to different scenese that come alive and talk about what is going on in their scence. Not even thinking about informing Monkey about what he was about to see he made the connection all on his own! After every scence was finished talking he would proudly say "AMEN!" How did he even know that?! Praise God! His little wheels are turning and something has clicked. I was really proud and my heart was so warm. I just wanted to cry I was so happy!

0 comments: