Our Sweet Little Boys

Our Sweet Little Boys

Friday, January 22, 2010

What to do....

Setting: (Ben has gotten into my jewelry box for the millionth time. He enters the living room with my gold earing in his hand, all while smiling.)

Me: Ben, did you get that out of my jewelry box?

Ben: Yeah (serious lack of mannerisms here)

Me: Are you aloud to get things out of my jewelry box?

Ben: No (still no manners, and still maintaining a devilish smile)

Me: Ben, what happens when you disobey?

Ben: Spanking. (...and still grinning)

Me: That's right, Ben. I'm going to have to spank you for this.

Ben: (turns around, and drops his pants) Spank me, Mommy.

Me: (One nice smack on the leg, and I even left a mark. I look over to see Daddy covering his face and his body is shaking - obviously totally cracked up. I was really trying to hold back a laugh myself)

Ben: (Turns back around and gives me a hug after I help him pull his pants up) I love you Mommy. (Smiles)

Me: (Where did I go wrong, Lord?)

DOES ANY OF THIS MAKE SENSE!!!!!

So, I am trying to figure out other means of discipline for this child...timeout, take away favorite toys, nose in the corner.....??????? Um....I could take away the one thing he cherishes most of all, FOOD! How's that for parenting; "I'm sorry honey, but you have been a bad boy today. No food for you! " Followed by an evil laugh.

Any suggestions people!!!????

0 comments: