Our Sweet Little Boys

Our Sweet Little Boys

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

First Family Camp Out




Notice the dirty face?

This water was really really cold!

Monkey's friend from Church.







Our very first! I was a little hesitant because I wouldn't have all of my normal conveniences, but I knew that Supper Daddy was really pumped about going and I didn't want to burst his bubble. Now, I'm glad we did it and I can't wait to go back. Of course, I forgot the hot dogs, Monkey's underwear, and some pots to cook in, but we managed just fine. I am way too forgetful for my own good. It's a wonder I can function on a daily basis as scatterbrained as I am. Anyways, one of the focuses of the trip was for Supper Daddy to compete in a bow shoot. We went through one of the rounds with him and it was really fun and Monkey could spot the animal targets right away. He got all excited when his Dad drew back the arrow to shoot.
We met up with some friends while we were there which was nice-a fellow Mommy to talk to and sympathize with. This was also her first camping experience with little ones. All the kids were great. Oh, and Tinker also got to try out his bow. He can barely do anything with it except swing it around. Monkey is getting there. He can actually shoot an arrow, but not with a lot of force. My little archers in the making. It is a fun sport. I tried it myself while I was there...became addicted...bought a bow...and a dozen arrows. I had no idea it could be so much fun. Supper Daddy is full of tips for me. Apparently I am being groomed to compete at the next shoot in June. I just hope I don't embarrass myself.


0 comments: