Our Sweet Little Boys

Our Sweet Little Boys

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

School

We started school last week. It has been a lot of fun and I have found it to be encouraging. I have a new appreciation for my children and their ideas, and still feel like Homeschooling our boys was the right choice. I really didn't know what to expect, but thus far our time is filled with laughter and learning. The boys are like little sponges and are very excited about learning. The year is sill ahead and I will try to post updates on how it goes. I went with a curriculum that is based on Charlotte Mason's thoughts and ideas. I really like how its laid out and have always been a fan of Classical Education. It keeps things fresh and fun, and encourages a lot of time learning outside. The pictures above are of our classroom. I barely finished it in time and still have a couple things left to do.....I'll get around to it one day! :)

4 comments:

Meredith said...

What a beautiful classroom! It would be a pleasure to learn in there!

littlestreetfighter's Mom said...

SHOOT ME NOW!!!! I AM DYING OVER HERE!!!! this is like the dreamiest of dreamy homeschool rooms. this has to be on a design web site somewhere...it's beautiful!!!!! i am admittedly a touch jealous with the whole charlotte mason and THAT room!!!! you are something!!!

Amber's Thoughts said...

BANG!!!! LOL!

Next time I have and extra $1,000 to spend on plane tickets, I will fly to NZ and create a school room for you!

Meredith, you can come over anytime and I will teach you some fun ABC songs! LOL!

Thank you guys. You are sweet!

littlestreetfighter's Mom said...

also, are those GUTTERS for the book shelves? I'm thinking that could be an awesome solution for me...I've got a "play area" b/c this house is tons smaller...I'd love to put in some smallish ledges like that.